Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the early hours of labour, would u set up a water bath at home?

like blow up a paddling pool and filled it with warm water? i dont have a bath here you see, and wondered if anyone did it or wil be doing it. thanks for your views xxxIn the early hours of labour, would u set up a water bath at home?
i'd wait till you get to the hospital so you can be monitored by the midwives. try having a hot shower instead. it worked wonders for me.In the early hours of labour, would u set up a water bath at home?
A paddling pool is very shallow and really the only way you could get any amount of water covering you would be to sit on your bottom in it, which isn't a great position for labour - it doesn't help the pelvis to open or the baby to move. If you do use a paddling pool, you will have to ensure it's brand new as well!
I have a bath at home so used this it was fantastic. At the hospital all the delivery suites had baths anyway so you could just wait until you get there, or as others say use the shower. I wouldn't bother getting a pool if your not planning on having a home birth.
I have a bath but i just went in the shower, i went in the spa once i got to hospital and it was too hard to get into position when i had a contraction - slippery etc, shower was great as i could sit on a chair and stand up without problems





i wouldnt bother with a pool
I was able to get into a tub at the hospital. I was induced, so I was there for my early labor as well. It really helps with the contractions a lot. I would definitely suggest it. Or you could just stand in the shower.
I simply labored in the shower, but I had roommates, so setting up something wasn't an option.
They say you shouldnt take baths toward the end incase your water breaks because you wont be able to tell. Also, because it can cause an infection. So you should probably wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment